About the Lerner Theatre

Life’s a Performance – Live it at The Lerner

The most recent renovation of the building was completed in June of 2011. The Lerner Theatre has been restored to its original luster and is authentic in every detail.

 

Built in an Adamesque style, the Lerner Theatre’s facade features four two-story tall Ionic columns with three large arches in between. The pilasters to each side are in a Renaissance Doric style.

The classical theme is carried to the inside, with ornate multi-colored inlaid marble floors on the main lobby and lounge floors. The auditorium, with its domed ceiling, huge chandelier and balcony, resembles a European opera house of the 19th Century. Its large stage and proscenium arch are decorated with gilded plasterwork and the seats are covered in deep red upholstery.

The original Lerner Theatre was instantly a success when it opened in 1924, with Vaudeville acts and early motion pictures playing to packed houses. The Lerner was hailed as a true theatrical palace – the area’s finest theater.

Of course, the best way to learn more about The Lerner is to get tickets to a show!

Lerner Theatre Staff

GENERAL MANAGER

GENERAL MANAGER

Michelle Frank

OPERATIONS MANAGER

OPERATIONS MANAGER

Sarah Taylor

OFFICE MANAGER

OFFICE MANAGER

Karen Shaw

Technical Director

Technical Director

Andrew Kreider

Assistant Technical Director

Assistant Technical Director

Deen Tuggle

Box Office Supervisor

Box Office Supervisor

Sara Hicks

Media Specialist

Media Specialist

Sonny Lisi

Facilities Manager

Facilities Manager

Dan Gould

More About The Theatre

HISTORY

On March 31, 1923, Harry E. Lerner, an Elkhart businessman, announced he planned to construct a modern "theatrical palace" on the corner of Franklin and Main Streets
in downtown Elkhart.

RENOVATION

The $18 million Lerner Theatre renovation project was designed, budgeted, and approved by the City of Elkhart in 2008. Construction began in early 2009 and was completed in June 2011.

Kimball Organ

The Kimball pipe organ located in Elkhart, Indiana’s Lerner Theatre is one of only three Kimball pipe organs currently installed in its original location.